“Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.” – Orison Swett Marden
A wise woman recently told me, “Keep your days full; otherwise, life will fill them up for you.”
It brought me back to a time where my life was fully consumed by a series of unfortunate events: My mother passed away, followed by my father having a heart attack, followed by my sister passing away.
I remember asking myself during the thick of it all, how did I ever have time to even think about anything at all, let alone live my life and make it through?
While times have passed, I never know what hand life is going to deal me next, but I do know God only deals out what he feels one can handle. So while I can and while I am still breathing, I’m going to jump right on in.
I’m taking control of my days while I have the opportunity to. I don’t mean exhausting myself with meaningless tasks, I mean striving to reach my fullest potential and survive for those who I lost.
We are all capable of so much more than we even know; which we sometimes lose sight of when we are going through things within our personal and/or professional lives, but we need to STOP letting those events control us.
So here is my advice to loving yourself all over again because if you don’t love yourself why should anyone else?
- Look in the mirror and say, “I am beautiful.”
- Look in the mirror and scream, “I am enough.”
- Dream HUGE, but be patient while working towards a goal. Baby steps can go a long way.
- Start today; don’t make excuses, keep pushing yourself forward.
- Find a hobby, a side hustle you are passionate about. The key here is just to get active doing something you love.
- Start from scratch if you have to.
- Remove toxic friends from your life; trust me, it might hurt at the beginning, but it will benefit not only yourself, but your future
- Set aside one day each week just for yourself to do with whatever you want.
- Set aside time for your family; they are the ones who will be by your side despite whatever happens in your life.
- Look in the mirror and shout like a bat out of hell, “I LOVE MYSELF.”
Trust the process, trust your intuition and most importantly trust that you have what it takes to love yourself to love your life.