“Summertime and the livin’ is easy” as Lana Del Rey sang earlier this season. There’s no reason you have to make things complicated (or pay for an extra suitcase) just because you want to look chic. What kind of bird are you? Think about what statement pieces represent you best and pick 5 of them so you can swap them around with your pre-selected outfits. Oh yes, you don’t want to depend on inspiration every day of your trip, that’s when things go terribly awry. So, without further ado, here are our top 5 statement pieces that will dress up your look so you do not look like a tourist wherever you go.
5. Cute flats. Forget the Nikes, you know you’ll be taking pictures and those aren’t exactly photogenic. Instead, pack up a pair of flats. You’ll be able to save space in your suitcase without sacrificing aesthetics.
4. Hair clips. There’s no denying these accessories from the 90s are back with a vengeance. They’re back and more extra than ever! Whether you’re into the massive pearl-studded ones or sporting a clip that states something along the lines of “cute”, “queen”, “thanks”, or “drama”, these accessories will take your outfit to the next level.
3. A top with bold colors or puffy sleeves. Whether it’s printed or embroidered a cute top can change the game. It can take you from obvious tourist to people doing a double-take on your street style. It’s an easy way to dress up your summer look.
2. Bulky earrings/Studs. The 80s are definitely back and so are these phenomenal accessories. Anything you wear (even regular old jeans and a t-shirt) is made instantly fabulous with a pair of bulky earrings or vintage studs. You go from plain Jane to Beyoncé just like that.
1. Scarves. This summer is all about the scarves because they can be used as a chic double-whammy. Whether your thing is using them as a headband, turban, tied around your pony, in a low bun braid, or even as a belt, scarves are the most multifaceted item on the list. And the possibilities of their use don’t stop there, you can use them as a cute top too! There are multiple ways of tying them you can check out here. Or use them as a top like this.
Like this post? View similar content here: How to be a More Conscious Fashion Consumer