What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on of hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through all of us and is what causes us to be alive. A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of healing and self-improvement that anyone can use. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
What are the Benefits of Reiki?
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit
- Increases energy levels
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension
- Clears the mind and improves focus
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Aids relieve pain
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Supports the immune system
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Promotes creativity
- Compliments medical treatment
- Just for today, I give thanks for my many blessings
- Just for today, I am free of worry
- Just for today, I am free of anger
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly
- Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing
The word “Rei” (Ray) in Japanese has many meanings, the highest of them all being spiritual consciousness. “Ki” (Key) also has multiple meanings however in Japanese culture, when it is related to illness or disease, it is referring to internal or life force energy. The practice of Reiki in eastern cultures has been around for centuries and began to spread worldwide in the early 1900s. Reiki is a very sacred practice of healing and in its early stages was not something that was openly shared with those who were not in the healing arts. Attunements were very costly with fees ranging in the tens of thousands of dollars, and it was almost unheard of for a woman to be a Reiki practitioner. In modern times Reiki attunements are readily available and reasonably priced. Because it has been increasingly accepted as a legitimate healing modality it has attracted both sincere and opportunistic parties. My only caution is that you make sure that attunements are given in person by a certified Reiki Master and that your practitioner has been properly attuned.
Reiki energy is divine love and divine love always has and will bring balance to the world.
Author: Sara Edwards
Author Bio: Sara Edwards is a Reiki Master, Birth Doula and Community Health Educator. She is the owner and sole proprietor of Angel Works at The Just Be Centre in Bluffton, SC. For more information contact her at 843-415-2260 or email@example.com
Link to social media or website: https://www.facebook.com/angelworksbysara/